Monday, April 27, 2009

Take the Cake!


Here is a picture of a cake I made in October 2008 for a display that I had at a local library. The template comes from the wonderful Splitcoast Stampers website. It is made of wedge boxes that you could put cake into or even lollies for guests to take home from an event such as a party. I will be making more of these. I want to make one each for two of my children as their birthdays are coming up soon. What do you think of the cake as a jungle and a princess castle?
For this cake used Whisper White card stock and rolled each box with Flitting By jumbo wheel in Almost Amethyst. Each layer is wrapped with Bashful taffeta ribbon and tied in a bow. The topper is on a Whisper White card base raised by a little plastic medicine cup and overlayed with more white card. I stamped two of each of the butterflies and several flowers from the Bold Butterfly stamp set (now retired) using Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac. I rock and rolled the large butterflies. I overlayed the outline of this two-step set on the butterflies and flowers with Dazzling Diamonds glitter using a Stamp-a-ma-jig and Verasamark, Heat and Stick Powder. Also, in the flowers are some purple and blue Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads. The some of the cascading flowers also have these brads. They were stamped off and attached to Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon.
Hope you like the cake.
I love this stamp set and I don't think I will part with it even though it is now retired even in Australia. It is one of my personally most used stamp sets and I still have plans for it.

No comments: